“Start St. Patrick’s Day with a balanced ‘smoothie’ breakfast.”
This smoothie is packed with nutritious veggies and fruits. The kids won’t even taste the spinach in the smoothie and a plus is that there is no artificial dye used. This balanced smoothie has bananas and apples that give it a delicious fruity flavour, spinach packs nutrition, and yogurt gives it creaminess and protein.
- 2 bananas, frozen
- 1 green apple, core removed
- 2 cups water or milk (non-dairy if necessary)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 handfuls spinach (about 1–2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Honey to taste (optional)
- In a blender add all ingredients. Blend until smooth, adding more water if you want a thinner smoothie.
- Adjust sweetness with additional honey, if desired.