“Who am I, the child asks, looking at the blue, blue expansive sky?”
Equipment: a small pot and a heart cookie cutter
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil measured liquid
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp of vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- start by melting both the peanut butter and the coconut oil together in a small pot. Stir until smooth then add the coconut sugar then stir until the sugar is dissolved. By this time the mixture is just about to boil but do not boil it.
- Move the pot off the heat and add in the chocolate chips. Stir until all the chocolate is melted and well incorporated. Add in the vanilla and the salt and stir one more time to combine.
- Add in the oats and the chia seeds and stir until everything is coated with the peanut butter and chocolate mixture. Let the mixture rest in the pot for 20 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and using your heart cookie cutter scoop out 2-3 tablespoons in the center. Flatten using the back of the spoon and then remove the cookie cutter. Repeat this process until you are completely done with all the oat mixture. Top the cookie with pink sprinkles for valentine’s day.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer and let the cookies solidify in there for 20 minutes.
- Store these cookies in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.