“These pumpkin muffins have lots of good nutrients in them and are moist and tasty too.”
These easy mini and dairy free muffins with no milk or butter are still very moist and also low on sugar. A healthy snack for sure!
Pumpkin is only about 50 calories per cup because it is made up of mostly water, just like we are. It is rich in vitamin A which strengthens the immune system and helps us fight infections. And it is packed with many other vitamins and minerals. It is also high in Vitamin C for faster healing of the body. And, not to forget, it is a great source of fiber as well.
- 2/3 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour or gluten free flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a mini muffin tin with oil.
- In a large bowl mix together the pumpkin, sugar, spices, and salt until smooth.
- Stir in the honey/maple syrup.
- Beat in the oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix gently.
- Scoop the batter into the mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 11 – 12 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean or with a few crumbs.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes then remove to cool completely or serve while warm.