“A creative exercise to build centeredness and confidence.’
This is a special exercise you can do with your children to put them in touch with their inner cave of communication. It builds self-confidence and it helps children strengthen their whole structure.
How to do it:
- Have your children draw a circle around themselves with invisible ink or step inside of a big hula hoop and walk with it and then ask them to put their favourite persons or things that they like inside the circe.
- Have your children step inside the circle and make it as big as they are comfortable.
- Tell them that the circle can move and flow around them (their energy, aura) as they walk for a few minutes with their hands extended on the side. You can bring music in at this time.
- Give them a ‘magic word’ to energize the circle so they can visualize it as alive and that it goes whereever they go.
- The magic word can be ‘Hari Om’ that is a mantra that is uplifting. Hari – means ‘the remover’, so removal of any unhappiness e.g. sadness and OM – is to reconnect with the expansive part of ourselves. It can be any word that is meaningful to them.
- Have them walk and dance and make circular movements with the hula hoop to find that quiet center, staying in the middle.