“Enjoy this easy and delicious breakfast dish for the whole family – full of good nutrition.”
Here is a special recipe for Nutrition Month – March 2022! Canada Food Guide’s delicious breakfast on the run. You can prepare the night before with your kids. And have them add their own favourite toppings!!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 125 mL (1⁄2 cup) uncooked quinoa
- 250 mL (1 cup) unsweetened fortified plant-based beverage or lower fat milk
- 125 mL (1⁄2 cup) water
- 1 mL (1⁄4 tsp) ground cinnamon
- • 1⁄2 mL (1⁄8 tsp) ground nutmeg •
- (1 1⁄2 tbsp) honey
- 1 apple, finely diced
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) raisons
- Thoroughly rinse quinoa using a strainer and place in a small pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Stir in milk, water, cinnamon, nutmeg, honey, and apple.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in vanilla extract and top with raisins.