“Here is an easy & delicious way to get your child to eat more greens.”
This simple and delicious recipe in a good blender, that your children can help you make, was developed by Sarah Remmer, Canada’s Food & Nutrition Expert (sarahremmer.com) in partnership with Egg Farmers of Canada & EggCentric TV.
She loves making muffins in a blender.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tsp BP
- ½ tsp BS
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup milk (or milk alternative)
- 5 cups spinach
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 F and grease 2 12-cup muffins tins
- Place dry ingredients in a good quality blender and pulse until finely blended
- Transfer to a medium sized bowl
- Place wet ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth. Add dry ingredients back, and on low speed, gently blend until smooth.
- Fill 2 12-cup muffin tins from your blender (2/3 full for each cup)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until baked (if you press on top of muffin, it will bounce back)