“A simple, festive butterscotch cookie recipe for the whole family.’
Here is a simple gluten-free recipe for yummy cookies for your children to eat over the holiday season or to package as gifts for family and friends.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large farm fresh egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1.25 cups all-purpose flour, traditional or gluten-free
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.25 cups butterscotch chips
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all of the ingredients in a stand mixer and using paddle attachment mix until all ingredients are combined. If you do not have a stand mixer these can be mixed by hand.
- Place rounded teaspoons of dough on parchment paper about 2” apart.
- Bake at 350 for 9 minutes.