“Most kids love cheese and it is a welcome addition to make green beans more delicious and still brining out their natural flavour.
Most kids like cheese even if greens aren’t there first choice. Laura was able to get her kids to eat green beans by making them fries. They take only 5 minutes to prep and 15 minutes to cook. Serves 4 people.
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1lb fresh green beans, washed, ends trimmed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine parmesan cheese, garlic powder and salt.
- Place green beans on lined pan, tightly grouped together but not laying on top of each other. Generously sprinkle seasoned parmesan on top of green beans.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the Parmesan has browned and the green beans are crispy.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Notes: Use fresh green beans or thawed frozen beans.
Recipe by Laura Fuentes